Co-located with CLEI 2023 (XLIX Conferencia Latinoamericana de Informática) in La Paz, Bolívia, from October 16-20.
The Latin-American Symposium on Dependable and Secure Computing (LADC) is the major event on dependability and security of computer systems in Latin America. LADC 2023 will feature technical sessions, workshops, tutorials, fast abstracts, keynote talks from international experts in the area, and an industrial track.
The Symposium is promoted by the Special Committee on Fault-Tolerant Systems (CE-TF) of the Brazilian Computer Society (SBC). LADC 2023 will be co-located with the 49th Latin American Informatics Conference (CLEI 2023) in La Paz, Bolivia from 16-20 October 2023, coinciding with the celebration of the 475th anniversary of the city’s foundation in 1548.
Prospective authors are invited to submit original research papers for presentation at the symposium in two categories: (1) full research (regular) papers, and (2) practical experience reports. Papers will be assessed with criteria appropriate to each category. LADC looks for works exploring new territory, continuing significant research, or reflecting on practical experience. While full research manuscripts should explore a specific technology problem and propose a complete solution to it, with extensive results, practical experience reports are expected to provide an in-depth exposition of practitioner experience and empirical studies.
All aspects of dependable and secure systems and networks are within the scope of LADC, including fault-tolerant architectures, protocols, and algorithms, models for performance and dependability evaluation, as well as experimentation and assessment of dependable and secure systems and networks. Authors are invited to submit original papers on research and practice of creating, validating, deploying, and maintaining dependable and secure systems and networks.
Topics of Interest
- Critical infrastructure protection, cyber-physical systems, safety-critical systems
- Blockchain and distributed ledger technologies
- Autonomous and smart systems (e.g., UAVs, smart spaces, urban computing)
- Cloud, edge, and fog computing
- Networks (e.g., wireless, mobile, ad-hoc, sensor networks, internet of things, software-defined networking, network function virtualization)
- Software (e.g., software frameworks and architectures, self-adaptive systems, model-driven engineering, testing, V&V, certification, runtime verification)
- Hardware (e.g., embedded systems, systems on chip, storage systems)
- Emerging technologies (e.g., quantum computing, trusted computing)
- Fault-tolerant algorithms and protocols for distributed and decentralized systems
- Human issues, human-computer interaction, socio-technical systems
- AI for dependability and security, dependability and security of AI systems
- Modeling, measurement, and benchmarking of dependability and security properties
- Security foundations, policies, protocols, access control
- Intrusion detection, intrusion tolerance, incident handling, and response
The Best Paper Award is also a tradition in LADC and will be selected among the submitted works. We are planning for a journal special issue for an extended version of selected papers, to be confirmed.
Check the full information in https://ladc.sbc.org.br